Schwartz & Powell
These are a few examples of cases handled by Schwartz & Powell
Schwartz & Powell has won more not guilty verdicts and negotiated more positive plea bargains than any other law firm in Ventura County. This partial listing of case results does not create a promise or warranty that we will obtain the same result in any other case. We place this summary here to demonstrate Schwartz & Powell's point. Experience matters.
Robert I. "Bobby" Schwartz
- NOT GUILTY: PC644/187 Attempted First Degree Murder. Client shot two people in self-defense in gang-related shooting.
- NOT GUILTY: PC288(a) Child Molestation. Multiple counts of sexual misconduct with minors alleged against client.
- NOT GUILTY: PC422 Criminal Threats with Gang Allegations. Client accused of threatening another person's family with violence during argument at gas station.
Steven D. Powell
- NOT GUILTY: PC487 Grand Theft Fraud. Client, owner and CEO, found not guilty on 78 counts in alleged multimillion dollar "Ponzi scheme" when real estate investment company fails.
- NOT GUILTY: PC273.5 Domestic Violence Spousal Abuse. During domestic argument outside party client's wife slipped and accused client of injuring her.
- NOT GUILTY: H&S Code 11358 Felony Cultivation of Marijuana for Sale. Client conducted large grow operation in Ojai under duress to avoid fatal retribution for losing a dealer's consigned load of marijuana to robbers.